In May I took a trip with my family to San Francisco for the reception of my little sister and her new husband Devan. Devan is from Modesto, which is east of Oakland. Unfortunately Emily and Macie couldn't come with me because Emily was too far along in her pregnancy.
It was a lot of fun and boy did it bring back memories. We rented a van where my older sister Shaunee sat in the back. My brother Collin and I sat in the bucket seats, and my parents were in the front. It was an odd feeling being in a van on a road trip with only my siblings as an adult. There were a few time where I thought my Dad was going to stop the car and give the always traditional threat of, "I will turn this car around!" It was even more halarious when we tried to decide on where to eat and there was one person who just put up a stink about the place where everyone else wanted to go. It was always like that.
Some terms that were expressed during the road trip that really brought back memories were: "Collin, turn down your music!" "These street signs stink!" And the always favorite, "That turkey-lips didn't put on his blinker."
We went to a few tourist attractions such as the Fisherman's warf, a wax museum, and Alcatraz island. The wax museum was a complete flop, but Alcatraz was very worth-while and interesting. Fortunately, Alcatraz is a medium for anti-crime propoganda, which is good since my younger brother Collin has been in a constant struggle with prank calls, door bell ditching, and smoking cinnamon sticks. I think the visit to "The Rock" set him straight.
Below is a slide show of some of the pictures we took. You will also see what George Washington would have looked like if he were to have used "spray-on tan;" as well as President Lincoln upset. True art!
We had a great time and Lauren and Devan's reception was very nice.
2 comments:
I very excite!!
Garrett... did Alcatraz bring back memories?? I hope you have forgotten that part of your life:)
Actually, the story about your trip was cracking me up. That happened to me a few years ago. It felt akward.
Post a Comment