I am leaving for Guatemala on Monday with almost all of Emily's family (12 in all). We are going to pick up Emily's little brother, Kevin, from his mission. We didn't want to take Halle so Emily has to stay while I go and pick up her little brother. I know it's not right. The purpose of this post is to stand as my living will, because as part of our itinerary we are going to board a small plane and visit some ruins in Honduras. Thanks to my mission, small planes are the devil. Why you ask? To sum it up, one of my last trips across Nicaragua to the Caribbean side was in a monsoon, the six person put-it-together-yourself plane smelled like alchool, and in the middle of the flight the pilot appeared to think it was necessary to scream out, "No veo nada, no veo nada!" I will let you do that translation to add to the suspense of the story. We flew in the middle of the day, but once we were up it was pitch black.
It boggles my mind imagining the decision and educational process of a Nicaraguan pilot. It must be like one of those spiritual indian quests, like if you climb a volcano and bring back an eagles egg you are automatically made a NICARAGUAN PILOT where your eternal responsibility will be to transfer drug dealers and mormon missionaries from one end of the country to the other...and alchool will not impair your flying abilities.
So, my dear Emily, if things goes South (pun intended) while we are in Guatemala, all of my possessions and riches are yours. I am very excited to have some real rice, beans and platanos.
Here are some pics of the latest.

After the Pi Mi family 5K

Macie fell asleep on a stroller ride. We had to make sure she was still breathing. She was dead weight.

Macie's massive bruise. She was jumping on the couch, tripped and fell head first onto the coffee table.

The girls and their hats
15 comments:
Cute pictures! Poor Macie, that bruise is huge. Good luck on your trip Garrett. Poor Emily, two kids and no hubby, that stinks. I hope you can come over tomorrow night for Luke's birthday at 7. I will try and give you a call.
Well, hopefully there are no plane rides on our trip to Nicaragua. I would probably freak. Jared has to prepare me a little at a time for what it will be like. You guys are planning on going with us right? We are dying to see your house. We need to get together after Garrett gets home to hear all about the trip.
you guys are the cutest little family! I hope all goes well in nicaragua. I wish you a safe return to Emily!!
I have had that feeling like you think you are going to die. I was going to Hawaii and Jesse and I were in the back of a tiny plane bouncing off our seats and the people around us including the flight attendants were screaming (no one louder than me though) It was the scariest thing I have ever experienced. I thought we were going down for sure. Have a wonderful time.(wink wink) You men get to enjoy all the fun stuff. Somethings not right about that picture. Just kidding, you deserve it. You guys are such a cute family. I love the bruises. It's only right as Dayne's bruises heal that he falls or gets dropped (my bad) and gets a new batch. Oh the life of a kid. Tell Steve I say Hi!
Oh your cute family! I love being able to see pics of you guys and keep up with whats going on in your lives! Lets get together and go see Annie! Megs is in for sure! Your girls are so adorable! Taya has a new bruise or scratch on her face every day. I share your pain on the bruised babes!
Have a great time! I know that Kev is so jealous and would jump at an opportunity like that.
I love Macie all wiped out in her stroller. Clearly that fun run took it out of her!
We are waiting to hear about Guatemala! But we have decided that we are going to Nicaragua April 4th! We need to get together.
Good to see that you at least have a sense of humor about it. I love your blog Emily and Agee! (Exclamation point goes more with agee! than with that sentence, although I reallly do love your blog.
Tslice
Hey guys its your cousin Joanna and Chris. We have a blog too, it is chris-joanna-mcguire.blogspot.com. I love your blog it is cute, poor macie with her head, no fun. This is a great way to keep in touch with you guys.
Your girls are soooo cute! I love reading your blog, it makes me laugh.
Dani
Garrett, Shaunee told me you had a blog! I hope you don't mind me commenting! Your kids are so cute! You sound like sucha great dad. Your wife is beautiful did she go to Timpview? please feel free to check out our blog. I will send you an invite if you want to view it. my email is shannaleroy@hotmail.com. I would love to keep in touch with you. I know this is random, but it's so fun to see what others are doing after high school. Hope all is well and hope to hear from you soon.
Shanna Thomas LeRoy
So I was over at Lisanne and Jeff Lee's the other day and Jeff said to Lisanne "you have to call Emily McGuire back". Ha, needless to say I found out that you are in their ward...small world. And then they went off about how cute you guys are, I agreed. We live just up the street in Ivory Ridge. We should all get together. Your girls are adorable!!
Did you decide to up and move to Nicaragua? No new posts in forever! Hey, what's your email address? (I think it needs to be the one you use while on blogger) I'm going private this week and want you included! Thanks! You can email me at kitkassbar@yahoo.com or leave it in the comments.
It is seriously time for an update you guys. We are in Nicaragua right now! In Managua today, going to Esteli and Selva Negra tomorrow!
Post a Comment