Wednesday, 3rd day in Nauvoo. Played at Pioneer Pastimes in the morning while my parents served there, oxen ride, few more shows and a few more sites and some more humidity.
(thanks davy and carolyn for the darling outfit)
My parents had the evening off, so we drove a half hour to Carthage Jail. Had a delicious chinese 3.99 buffet on the way. It wasn't very busy, so my parents gave us our own private tour...amazing.
Sure is a special place to be.
(Thanks Macie for the pose. :))
Thursday, Last day in Nauvoo. Garrett was determined to visit every site in Nauvoo and he finished that today. We took another Wagon tour, Temple, few more shows, nap for me and Mack, and the Nauvoo Hotel buffet. Very yum.
Meeting the Young performing missionaries again...huge highlight of the trip for Macie. She told me she wants to take singing lessons. ??
I truly don't think I could have made it as a pioneer. Their lives seemed so hard.
But it was fun to pretend.
Last show, Sunset by the Mississippi. My mom playing her penny whistle. Go mama!
The Myers brother missionaires
This YPM was really sweet to Macie.
We left Nauvoo Fri. morning, stopped at Council bluff in Iowa on the way.
This is at our 2 star hotel somewhere in Nebraska.
Made it home Sat. night!
8 comments:
Wow - what a great experience. You had the ultimate trip to Nauvoo with your parents as the tour guides and performers! Your parents look like the cutest missionaries ever. I am so grateful for the sacrifices of our missionaries. What great examples they are. I bet they are incredibly missed - but they are doing so much good. Thanks for sharing!
I love the picture of you guys as pioneers! What a cute pioneer family... and it probably brought back memories to G about the pioneer trek when we were teenagers! I'm so jealous that you got to go, and so happy you were able to see your parents! Glad you're home safe and sound.
Soooooooooooooooo much fun to have you here in Nauvoo! The kids were really good! Thanks for the pictures and video's. They made us smile!
That is so awesome! What a fun adventure! I am so scared of road trips, but now after seeing you did it and survived, I might just be up for one!
You guys make awesome pioneers!
That cow tipper shirt is HILARIOUS!! I think he is just the cutest Em. LOve the family pictures in the pioneer get-up. Love this family vacation. What a neat one-especially with your young family. I don't think it's one I'd think of taking with such little ones. So great that you got a chance too. By the way you are gorgeous. And so is your mom!!! Dying to hear all the news from the ward today. How was it??
love the pics of your fam in the pioneer clothes and the serious picture :) Macie's non smile is great!!
Mack is probably the cutest thing I've ever seen. Biting my tongue nan.
Wow what a fun trip!! So neat that your parents are there!
Post a Comment