In October (17-22) Garrett was so kind to let me and Dane go to NY!! This was my first trip there and I was soooo excited to spend time with my good friends Kim (lives on Long Island) and Brooke. Brooke and I couldn't get on the same flight there, bummer, and we missed the rest of our friends who couldn't come.
Until Monday morning, Oct. 16, Brooke and I thought our trip was wed-sat. I had called the airline to see when I could check-in online, and she said right now, since you are flying tomorrow. um what did you say???? Don't know how both Brooke and I missed that we booked our tickets for Tuesday, So panic. Bless my mom for helping Tues. and Wed. while Garrett worked, and then Garrett had the kids the rest of the time bc it was UEA weekend. Bless him.
Me and Daners on our Way!
A friend in our ward let me borrow this snuggle wrap thing and it was AMAZING. It looked funny to wrap on, but it was so comfortable for Dane and me. Dane slept so well in it, and I could cover him up so I felt like he was protected from the world. He spent the whole flight in this thing and a lot of NY.
Tues. night we just spent talking, looking at kim's darling house and talking.
Wed., we ate amazing pastries and devil's food cake for breakfast, watched movies, drove around to see some beautiful homes in Kim's city, laid around and talked, finally showered, and ate at this delicious pizza place.
what i would do to eat this right now...
Thurs. was our fun, busy day in the city. We took the train in. It was pretty amazing walking through the city for the first time. We had a hand treatment somewhere :) and then ate lunch at Colicchio and Sons thank you Peggy. So so so good. and such a fun experience.
that dessert...ohhh man
We walked part of the High Line which is a public park built on an historic freight rail line elevated above the streets on Manhattan’s West Side (thank you google). It was neat.
We walked through Chelsea Market and I enjoyed a nutella banana crepe that tasted straight out of Paris. happy emily.
Central Park.
I've wanted to see it since my sister and I watched Friends in HS.
His one break from the wrap!
Then we walked on to Times Square.
Wow.
Felt like I was in a movie
Benton was such a sport going and doing all day!
Then we walked to Shake Shack for dinner. again, soooo good. I am very happy with NY food... Hence the fat face pic.
Friday, we stayed on Long Island, visited the beautiful beach. Kinda cold so didn't stay long.
ate at a yummy deli for lunch, and had yummy thai food for dinner....lots of eating..
Sat. morning, packed up, had a fun time at Ikea together, said goodbye to Kim THANK YOU VERY VERY MUCH, and then Brooke and I had a long 10 hour flight from NY to Chicago, then to Phoenix and then to Salt Lake. But we had a great time together.
Thank you Dane for being an Angel.
2 comments:
Love all the new posts! I had so much fun with you guys here and I have been feeling so bad that I was in my first trimester exhausted phase and probably wasn't the most exciting host. I also have to say that Mack's (Garrett's) baby blessing outfit is absolutely adorable. Love you!
I am so jealous! Looks so fun! such cute pictures!
Post a Comment