By going to the presentation we recieved a lot of neat gifts; one of which was a trip to San Diego. The only catch besides going to the presentation was you had to fly in late, stay one day, and then fly out early and you had to stay in a ghetto hotel five minutes from the Mexican boarder. Since we live in south-Orem we thought we could handle any downtown ghetto areas.
We had an absolute blast! We spent every minute doing something. Sea Word was the main highlight of the trip as well as the burning incense and sour milk at the continental breakfast. I bought the Sea World tickets from E bay for a lot cheaper than any other place. We did a lot of free activities like the Mormon Battalion visitors center, Old Town, the beach, driving to the boarder, embarcadero, and watching one of the Jazz playoff games.
I would recommened San Diego to anyone thinking of vacationing. There is so much to do there. Even though our trip only lasted 40 hours it was easily one of our most memorable vacations and we plan on doing it again as soon as possible.

What was funny about this beach was that it was called "Dog Beach". It was dedicated to let any and every dog run and poop as they wish. We wanted to go to the water, but if you could image the scene in the movie Labyrinth when they passed through the bog of eternal stench then you would not blame us for not going to the water.



Sea World was one of the neatest and inspiring attractions I have ever been to. Not only fun but educational ... beat that extreme sports!





The Mormon Battalion visitors center was very educational. We had a sweet elderly missionary couple tell us about everything. I would recommened this to anyone visitng San Diego.

Old Town San Diego. Fun shops, replicas of schools and shops from the 1800's. $10.00 sunglasses!

Embarcadero. I thought I saw Davy Jones.
3 comments:
I'm proud to be the first to post a comment on the McGuire blog. Looks like your San Diego trip was a blast, but come 'on Garrett.....the bog of eternal stench?? Like that would stop you from swimming, I know you were just afraid of the jellyfish, plus I'm guessing you would have rather been in Cheyenne, WY right??
Tell nan hi from me :)
no, i'm wrong it wasn't jellyfish you were afraid of it was......the Krakon! Do you fear death?
So where was the pic of the nice hotel? I didn't know south Orem was the "hood" I guess that's because we came from Kirksville, MO!
Post a Comment