Tuesday, July 17, 2007

UPDATE- May '07-July '07


Our new addition. A family of four.



I wanted to do a general update of the family. Emily's pregnancy went very well. The hardest part of the entire process was choosing a name. I started graduate school at Western Governors University (WGU) in Febrary and I am just finishing my first semester. My graduate study is in education with a focus on technology and learning. WGU is an online university except for the exams, which can be taken at BYU or UVSC. I have enjoyed learning more and developing new skills. I have enjoyed my first semester; however, it was difficult getting used to the format of having everything online. It is overwhelming recieving an entire semesters worth of material at the same time, but I have come to really appreciate the unique methods used at WGU and the faculty is fantastic.

My little sister Lauren was married in the Timp. temple to Devan Stiles from Northern California on May 19th. We are very happy and proud of Lauren in being prepared and ready to marry in the temple and find a great guy. Devan fits in well with the family. We are fortunate and happy to have him.

Emily gave birth to a little girl June 11th, 2007. The delievery was great. The baby came right out and we continue to be advocates of the bum numb shot a.k.a the epidural. It wasn't until two or three days after the baby was born that I gave in and surrendered in the child naming debate and agreed on Halle. Not that I don't like Halle, I just thought a lot of people would call her Haile and I liked the name Bryn. I will create a post dedicated to Halle. She is an excellent baby. We are very blessed.

Life is good. We have wonderful families and friends. Thank you for all of your love and support.


Here are all of the nieces on the McGuire side ... before Halle. Sydney and Paige are sitting down and they are my sister Shaunee's girls. Macie, the stinker standing up is our little girl.

Lauren and Devan Stiles!

No comments: