Thursday, July 19, 2007

St. George trip

Last week I noticed on my work schedule that I was free for the weekend, so we decided to go and visit one of my best friends Robbie "Hood" Harmon. Robbie and his sweet wife Jessica let us stay at their parents home where they are living for the summer while Robbie completes an internship with IHC. We had a great time! There is nothing better than spending time with good friends. We were very spoiled and the Harmon's and Jessica's family treated us so well. We went swimming a few times, watched some movies, and talked about everything.
Macie wouldn't let robbie touch her or even look at her (similar to what she does with every male besides her daddy), but everytime we were in another room or outside and Robbie wasn't there she would say, "Daddy's friend Robbie."
Robbie and Jess have a 6-month old little girl named Bree. She is a very happy baby.
Traveling now with two kids is a big deal. Our little Civic was stuffed and you have to plan how you are going to entertain a two year old for various hours. Books, Signing Time, treats, Sesame Street, singing songs, and drugs seemed to do the trick.
Thanks Rob and Jess! We had such a fun time. We love you guys! Hope to see you in North Carolina sometime in the fall.





3 comments:

Mike Thayer said...

Garrett, I must object to something you mentioned in your blog. Although little Macie is definitely a daddy's girl there is still at least one other male she does not detest. That male is affectionately referred to as "Hi Mike." Of course Macie refers to a lot of things as "Hi Mike" so you might still be right. Never mind then.

Mike Thayer said...

Garrett, one more thing. Entertaining your child with Sesame Street is fine as long as you don't show Macie the Sesame Street movie "Follow that Bird." For more specific reasons you can refer to my blog and read some of the comments on my Gigantaorinithophobia post. Please, spare your daughter the same living hell that I face every time I hear someone start whistling the Sesame Street song... or every time I pass a haystack.

Kass Martin said...

Garrett, we went to St George recently with Ash Norton, Lindsay Grow and some other friends and it was a blast. Dayne kept saying "I'm not so good at swimming" he was safe in the kid pool and wasn't giving into peer pressure from Ash's son Peyten who wasn't afraid and is a lot more brave than my timid Dayne. I'm okay with that for now. :) our blog is theutahmartins.blogspot.com I don't know how I got to yours but I'm happy I found it. You're now on my list of friends whether you want to be or not. haha