We moved into a home in Lehi this past month. We have been working hard to finish the basement and backyard. We really are enjoying the differences that are found in a home compared to the basement apartment we lived in for four years. Light, sound, and space. When we open our windows we don't see the latest catch by our friendly wolf spiders who wonder carelessly in our previous damp and moldy abode; we also see the point of the mountain as well as something called the sun. Sound. We were always afraid and felt terrible about the horrid shreiks and shrills coming from our sweet Macie and that she was keeping the upstairs neighbors awake. Now her shreiks and shrills travel around the vents and echo through the house, which really helps Emily when she is trying to put Halle to bed. Space. This is the aspect that we are really enjoying. Macie has more room to spread her toys and torn pages of every book we have bought for her. We even have enough space for Macie's very own "time out" nook instead of on top of the dryer or in daddy's arms.
I don't want to sound too vain and pompous, but for the first time in our lives we have a garage to park our cars. No more driving in the freezing cold with my head half-way out the window because I can't see through my icy windshield and my drivers license will actually be rectangular because it won't serve as my ice scraper

This picture says a lot more than meets the eye...look at what Macie is doing to the doll...my point exactly!
4 comments:
Oh my gosh. She is so dang cute. A little sneak but so dang cute. We know the feeling of moving to a place with enough room. We just moved to our house and I wake up every morning in heaven. Did you email me your email address? I want to add you to my list when I go private. Email me at kitkassbar@yahoo.com or put it on my blog. Thanks!! Congrats on the house.
Congrats on the house! We are jealous and can't wait to join you in the home-owners club, but it will be a while. Don't you just love the joys of apartments, especially basement apartments.
I think you mean you are really enjoying the silence! No more crying babies above you in addition to your own:) So we're back, when's the party???
Having had lived in a basement apartment, I feel your pain and also feel your joy of living in a place with SUN! Although we only have a garage that fits one car, but at least we have a car port! So congrats! Thats awesome! By the way I tagged you, check out my blog for more info! Love, Star
Post a Comment