Halle slept 4 hours of the 4 1/2 hour flight -love you Halle.
We had two and half days in DC, so we were running all day to see everything.
Capitol Hill
Arlington National Cemetery
Lincoln Memorial
The White House
The Korean War Memorial -(tons of memorials, very neat)
"Potbellys" - a little sandwich place that we ate at 3 times -so yummy
One of the Smithsonian museums
The DC temple -incredibly beautiful
Mt. Vernon (George Washington's 2,000 acre home)
The backyard view was beautiful (Potomac river)
We meet up with Reuben Cook in DC and drove 4+ hours south to visit Robbie and Jesika Harmon and Clark and Amy Schmutz in North Carolina! The Harmons were so nice to let us stay with them for a couple days.
We had a fun picnic on the Duke University campus
The Duke gardens were really pretty
We visited a cute little Creamery out in the country. Another main reason for Garrett to visit North Carolina was to see the University of the one and only Michael Jordan. Robbie took Garrett to the UNC basketball arena, and Garrett got weak kneed. We had such a great trip, and made great memories!
18 comments:
I'm so glad you had a wonderful trip! You totally deserved it. And I'm so glad you are blogging! Happy Day for Emily!
So fun! I have never been back east...looks like you had a great trip! Love to all!
What a fun trip! Good for you guys! Chad has been back east but I haven't, I really would like to though! How did Macie do while you guys were away? She probably had a great time with her grandparents! I hope we get to see you guys this summer!
FINALLY!!! Thank you Emily for updating your blog! What a fun trip. We are so excited for everyone to come up here in a few weeks! The kids have already been in the lake, even Reese! It has been in the 80's but the water was ice about 3 weeks ago so it is still really really cold. They don't even care. I tagged Garrett. Is he going to do it?
Hi Emily, your trip looked so fun I am so jealous. I love getting on your blog and keeping up with your family, I can't wait to see you guys this summer. Your girls are too cute and growing up fast!
Love Gretchen
Your trip looked like so much fun! Especially since you could meet up with Robby, Jesika, Clark and Amy! I had such a fun time at the park the other day with you and Jill!
I am so glad you guys were able to go on a fun vacation and see so many wonderful things. I only have been a couple of places back east but not that far.
Emily...it's Lindy Rawle Baker. Just wanted to say hi. Your trip looks like fun. Matt and I lived in North Carolina last summer. I love it there. You look darling and so does your family!
WOW!! it looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I love it back there, and the temple... WOW!! It's breathtaking. I love the updates!
Oh that looks so fun. I went back east in 6th grade and thought it was totally boring because I was so young, but I remember it and totally appreciate it now and want to go back!! Im so jealous!
Great pictures, what a blast!!! We actually get to go to D.C. next month for a week, I am so excited I have never been, and Ryan served his mission there and hasn't been back yet. Can't wait to see it all!!!
How fun! I love that you got to see lots of friends~ how fun! You both look great. I love vacations!!!!!!!
Oh WOW! How fun! You look beautiful as usual! I have never been to DC before. I really want to go someday, I have a feeling it wont be till our children are old enough to go with us. Maybe not, we will see! Ok so lets get serious about getting together, we could go to a park and let the girls play.
So you'll probably never read my comment b/c it's #14, but here it goes:
Emily, you look gorgeous as always. I love D.C. I'm glad you went there and had such a good time. Good time of year to go.
That looks like you guys had so much fun! I have never been back there, but I would love to. We miss you guys! Thanks for finally updating!!
Where in NC did you go? We loved the 3 years we spent there and wouldn't mind living there again. Such a beautiful state
What a cool trip! We were so glad we got to hang out one last time, it was so fun to see you guys:) Good luck with everything!
Hi guys! Looks like you had a great trip. We just moved to DC about 3 weeks ago. Too bad we missed you. Hope things are going well for you. Your girls are so great.
Post a Comment