Sunday, April 06, 2008

Runnin' Fool

For some odd reason some of the Myers and I got into the half marathon scene lately. The Moab half was better than the Provo (remember I rank half marathon effectiveness solely on the quality and quantity of food that is at the finish line). My sister Lauren and her husband Devan also ran in the Provo. Well done everyone!





Jill, Kevin, Carolyn and I after the Moab half.












Jill, Carrie and I after the Provo half.








We thought this was a cute picture of all the grand-daughters on the Myers side.

14 comments:

Kass Martin said...

Congrats on the run. I have yet to do one. I always think that it would be fun but I don't like running outside. I think they should come up with a "step aerobics" marathon, or a tredmill marathon. I would rock! Anyway, Your girls are so cute. My eyes were watering I was laughing so hard about the April fools joke. that letter is hilarious(especially the line-on earth and in heaven). I may look back to this post next year to pull a good prank. I called Bri in tears about dislocating my knee. He was trying his hardest to be sympathetic but he had taken the day off to go snowboarding and that meant that he'd have to come back home from Brighton and take me to the hospital...my kids were both wondering why I was crying and were so concerned, Dayne just didn't get it. Anyway, I love to pull a good prank. I think it's so funny that you mess with Emily's mom. You have always been so funny.

heather telford photography said...

You better keep running garrett I need a trainer in a couple of months here!!! Good Job!!

Joanna McGuire said...

Good Job Garrett. I need someone to motivate me to do something like that, I hate to run. Chris tries to get me to run, but it just doesn't happen. It is fun to see some update pictures. The girls are so cute and growing up fast. That April Fools Joke was awesome, I can't believe you did that.

La and Dev said...

1/2 next month... SLC?!

Rob and Dani said...

I am glad you finally updated your blog! I was getting bored. Those are some good ideas for next year's april fools - I'll have to be more creative next time.

Heather said...

First of all we love the 4/1 jokes!! Jared and I are just sitting here cracking up! Jared is also one that enjoys practical jokes, his involved getting pulled over on a suspended license and going to jail (all of which are completely believable for him)! Anyway, way to go runner! We had high hopes of running a marathon a couple of years ago after Jared's little bro did, but turns out we're totally out of shape and we hate running. We miss you guys. we'll have to get together when we get back!

J&B Barrett said...

Yay, good bloggin Em! im so proud!

Anonymous said...

I'm still so sad I missed the Provo run... but things are looking better now. Too bad you will miss the Ragnar Relay!!!! In the picture after the Provo 1/2 you look like you are going to die! Good job! Hope you enjoy your total knee :)

Ryan and Hailee said...

look at all those cute Myers girls!! They are all so adorable, I but your mom just loves it!!

Marci said...

So fun to see you guys and your little girls growing up, they are adorable. I might have to start a blog myself. Probably just kidding. Garrett, amazing job on Jane. She might be the most gullible person on the planet. I come in second. Love you. Aunt Marci

Roseanne said...

Good job Garrett!
I'm glad you like our dogs, you'll have to bring the little kiddies over to play with them.

Roseanne said...

Hey Em- I knew it was you, my first comment was for Garrett then the rest was for you. I thought it would be confusing. Sorry.

jimnalli said...

HEEEEEYYY! Why wasn't I invited! Just kidding. I cant believe you guys did that soo soon after Moab!!!!!

The Kemps said...

Hello, Garrett and Emily. I found your blog on... well, a lot of peoples. I'm inspired by your 1/2 marathon run. I have been training for one in November, any advice would be greatly appreciated (like dont give up) hope all is well for you and your family!