Sunday, September 21, 2008

An update from Emily about Macie

Macie turned 3 about a month ago. She was so excited about everything she was given. It was really fun to watch her. I love having a 3 year old. I'm amazed at how much Macie has changed in the last few months. She has become way easier. However, since are little, sweet Halle discovered she can run, she has become a tiny tornado and does not stop destroying all day! One time I found her in the kitchen, after I was re-folding the laundry she or macie had just thrown off the bed, drinking old hamburger grease drippings she had found in the garbage. nasty. The first place I look, when I can't see Halle, is the bathroom, where she is usually playing with the toliet water.

I wrapped up a few of my old barbies, since i've kept about a 100. She was so happy and had no idea they were 15-20 years old.

Garrett organized a couple games for the cousins.

Part of the Myers fam.

Macie's princess cake

This was so funny. Halle just laid there as my dad feed her His icecream. Someone joked quoting Brian Reagan, "Someone bring me the head of a pig!" Halle enjoys her sweets like her mama.

Party with the McGuire's! Macie, Sydney and Paige

The girls jumped and went on the swings with Grandma, while Garrett introduced his new favorite game, KanJam ( a frisbee game)

It's been a month and Macie still has a hard time taking this belle dress off and enjoys sleeping on her troy pillow. Much thanks to ya ya and devan

and ...... last week Macie had her first dance class! She was so happy to wear her ballet slippers, and she actually let me put her hair in a ponytail! As I took this picture, I became really sad at how big my baby is. She shouldn't be big enough to go to dance all by herself. I didn't cry though, I thought I might.

Lastly, she started pre-school. A lady in my ward just up the street is putting it on. It's twice a week for 2 hours. Macie has really enjoyed being with her friends and making projects. Somehow those 2 hours go by really fast.

20 comments:

Rob and Dani said...

Oh my stink'n cute! What a big month for Macie! You guys have the cutest family.

Shaunee said...

I could just squeeze that girl! She is such a sweet heart and it's hard to believe that she is so big! She has been such a good cousin to Paige and Syd.

Thayerclan said...

I want someone to feed me ice cream...

Joanna McGuire said...

That is awesome that you gave her your barbies, I don't have any of mine anymore. Your girls are getting big, crazy. She looks so cute in her dance outfit.

kim huish said...

Oh my gosh! Your kids are growing up and they are sooo cute! How fun.

Jesika Harmon said...

Such cute girls! Seeing Macie makes me excited for Bree to be 3...but not too soon :)

Kass Martin said...

What cute kids. I love Macie's smile. What a cute girl. I love her braid that you did. IT looks super pretty. Isn't it the grossest thing when the kids dig into the trash and the toilet?? It makes me want to barf. Bridget is constantly getting into that stuff. They keep mom's busy, that's for sure.

Ryan and Hailee said...

don't you love having a 3 year old and a 1 year old girlit is the busiest and funnest thing ever. What a fun birthday!! She is so adorable!!

The Kemps said...

Dalring girls! It's amazing how fast they grow up and how time flys!

Shelly Moon said...

I LOVE Caroline being 3 now too! It is so much easier and they are so excited about everything!! What a good idea to give her your old barbies! I didn't keep any of mine. It was fun to see you at the game!

Anonymous said...

Oh she is so dang cute. Thats got to be weird to have your little girl growing up so fast! I cant believe she is going to pre-school! AHH! Where does the time go?

hayley said...

Macie is such a little character, I love it! Happy Birthday Macie and don't forget about the fact that you have to marry Luke:) Also, Halle looks so big! I was dying of the picture of her relaxing while being hand fed, too funny!

Lindsey said...

How cute is Macie!! Jenna loved her princess party, so fun! She is such a big girl to be in preschool and dance, I bet she is loving it. Jenna just started preschool as well, can you believe we have kids in preschool?!! Crazy! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well, sure do miss you :)

Chris and LeeAnna Marlais said...

Sooo cute. I love the story about the hamburger grease. Jane ate almost a whole cube of butter a few months ago.

Roseanne said...

Aww, macie's so dang cute. I love the ballet pic. It reminded me of us when we were kids in our pink little ballerina outfits. So fun.

Mandy said...

Hey Em,
Thank you! It's actually my birthday today! It was SO much fun. Thanks for the fun time. Your daughters are just too cute. Loved it!

Jessica said...

Em I love hearing these updates! I can't imagine how I will feel when Graham is three. You have some darling girls!

jimnalli said...

oh such cute pictures...I love the ballerina one!

Kensie said...

Hi em, its kensie! I finally found your blog and it is so cute. It was so good to see you at Disneyland, I just love that place

Michael and Michelle said...

Oh my goodness Macie is growing up so fast!!! Dance, school, her singing career- everytime I see anything HSM I think of her-so of course it's a lot! You guys are so Awesome & we miss you tons! Thanks again to both of you for letting Garrett help us out with our move!
luv ya- Michelle