Wednesday, October 29, 2008

California....knows how to party

For UEA we traveled to California with my wonderful mother, my brother Sean and his wife Carrie and their 4 kids. It was a really nice warm break. We also met up with some of my cousins and aunt for some of the rides at Disneyland. We will have great memories of this fun trip!

Pure joy!

Not so much anymore. (look at Garrett)

Nemo was awesome, thanks to my cousin Mel, her boys and cousin Michelle and her fiance, Brady, we got to cut in the ridiculously huge line! Thank you!

Aladdin and Jasmine were nice enough to stop for a pic.

The Playhouse disney show was really cute. I noticed Garrett was watching the man "host" almost the whole time, Garrett was amazed at how cheesy he STILL was even when people weren't watching him.

Thanks to my sweet mom for all the help she gave us.

If you look closely you can see my brother Sean's head sticking up. This ride, Screamer, is crazy!

Relaxing train ride around the park.

My sis-in-law, Carrie, with our strollers, they saved us

These "Dole whips" were so yum!

Halle was terrified of Goofy, she ducked so quickly!

We waited in line for 90 minutes to see these princesses.... but it was worth it to see Macie and Reese so excited. Ariel.

Posing with Snow White

hugging Mulan

and chatting with Cinderella

On Saturday, we took a break from Disneyland and met up with some California friends. Garrett had a good friend from his mission, Jon Monroy, who took him surfing in the morning. Garrett had such a great time, and was really happy with how it went. Go baby!! While I was enjoying watching from the beach, I noticed about 100 feet away there were about 30 seagulls around my stroller. And I thought, "huh, why would there be so many birds", then I realized I left our bag of snacks. So if you were there, you would have seen me running full speed in the sand, waving my arms, yelling "caw" "caw!" Glad you didn't see it! We had a great time with Jon and his wife Emily and their kids. Thanks!





Next stop, Jordan and Natalie Nelson's home (friends from Provo), who live right by the LA temple. It was so beautiful. - side note- we saw Bill Clinton right on the side of Hollywood blvd, about 10 feet away from us.

It was great to see Jordan and Natalie and their 3 kids.

Halle and Talia

Macie and Truman

Macie was so happy to be reunited with her little friend Truman.

We tried to go to the beach again with my Mama, but it was freezing.

Monday was our last day at Disneyland. There were alot less people, so we did alot more rides! It was so fun.

Garrett and Macie, a perfect team! aren't they so alike?



Seriously, probably the best corndogs in the world. Still thinking about them.

The End!!

19 comments:

Casseron said...

JEALOUS! that looks you had way fun, im proud of garrett getting back on the surfboard after nica. con amor y carino

Joanna McGuire said...

What a fun vacation!!! I love all of the pictures, the girls are so cute.

Lindsey said...

Jenna loved to see the pics of Macie and Reese with the princesses, how exciting! It would be worth the wait for Jenna too :)
looks like you guys had a great time, and how wonderful that your mom was able to go.

Shaunee said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun! The kids are looking at your pictures and getting excited for our trip!

Crazy Zumba Lady said...

what a BLAST!! where do you get the good corn dogs?? My girls love to see the princesses too. I love disneyland!!

Kim said...

What a fun trip! Emily, you look so cute (but what's new?)! I wish I could have seen you chasing after the seagulls. Hope to see you soon and I need to get your mom's pumpkin chocolate chip bread recipe. I have been craving it!

Chris and LeeAnna Marlais said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jessica said...

I can so see you yelling "caw, caw." I'm still laughing- I can't stop! Thanks for sharing your trip photos. I loved the pic of Halle ducking. So fun!

Melanie and Billy Hunter said...

That was such a few weekend lets do that again!!

Kass Martin said...

What a fun trip. I love Disneyland and I know that the Princesses will be a must once Bridget is old enough to be obsessed like all girls are. Garrett, great moves surfing. That's so fun. Now I'm California dreamin'!

The Hillman's said...

Disneyland is the best place on earth, we went there last December and I already miss it. You guys look like you had so much fun, and yes the corndogs are amazing!! I can't believe how grown up your girls look, time flies by.

Tiffney said...

What a FUN time! Looks like you guys had a blast!

Robbie said...

Garrett... How did you fit into that wetsuit? Your V-shaped torso is looking more like a U these days!

The Myers said...

I'm so glad you guys deceided to come! and then stay an extra day! We had so much fun! Thanks Garrett for hanging out with Sean and the boy. If we lived close to D-land like Mel I would probably go there 3 times a week for the corn dogs. yikes!

Michael and Michelle said...

Oh my Gosh we are dying!!! Thanks for making us homesick!!! The beach and D-Land!!!! Looks like you all had SO much fun!! Yes we were the same as everyone else on here- we were all glued to every pic & enjoying the free disney advertisement!- We're SOLD! Emily we lol over Caw-caw!!! Michael says to Garrett 'hips don't lie'. We miss u guys!!

Michael and Michelle said...

and YES Cali knows how to Party!!!

Lisa said...

You guys are so much fun! I can't believe how big your girls have gotten! They are so beautiful! I hope you're still saving Halle for my Garrett! We will be in Utah for Christmas, I hope we get a chance to see you guys! We miss you.

s.niccoli said...

i love all the pictures Em! it looks like you guys had a great time!

Ryan and Hailee said...

tons of great pictures, that trip was a blast, it was so fun to see you guys there!! I'm glad you had a great trip!!