On Saturday my parents left on their mission. I think I got most of the tears out by that afternoon..... However, I really am excited for them, it is such a neat thing that they get to go and serve in Nauvoo. Their setting apart blessings were wonderful. I wish I could always feel the Spirit as strong as it was then.
On Sunday (last night) Macie fractured her tibia.

She was jumping on the tramp, one of her Favorite things to do, and came down weird on her knee and her lower leg went the wrong way. She let out a couple shrieks. She couldn't walk on it and this morning her knee and calf were really swollen. My Father-in-law, who is so kind, helped me get into an orthopedic doctor, had x rays done, and carried Macie through it all, and we found out she broke her leg. I think it's called a hairline tibia fracture (I think). One of the technicians (if i heard him right) said it's nickname is "trampoline fracture" bc it is so common to do on a tramp. Macie gets her real cast on Wed. if her swelling is down. It was all really sad, but she did well and was brave. Thanks to my sweet mother-in-law who had the other 2 kids. What made me emotional today is how kind everyone was to us.
Macie sleeping with her new doctor barbie.

She was much happier when this man was with her.

Halle got a nap too.


Macie wants a pink cast, so i'll post some pics with that on. Good night.
(Lauren can you see her new bear?)
17 comments:
oh Mace! I am so sorry! what a bummer way to start the summer! GEEZE!
Poor thing!
dad gum trampoline. Poor little Macie. dang it nan.
Sweet little Macie! I am so sorry you got hurt. Can't wait to come visit her today. We're bringing popsicles which always brings a smile to kid's faces!!
Oh my goodness those pictures are so sad. I have heard of a lot of tramp injuries lately - which is kinda crazy because we were just about to buy a tramp a couple weeks ago. They do not sound as fun anymore - but maybe I am paranoid. I hope her leg heals up soon so she can be back outside having fun!
Poor little Macie! I am just waiting for the days of broken bones...I know they are coming, we've done the stitches a few times! Hope you are hanging in there with out your Mommy! I know what it's like not having her for a while!
Poor Macie!!! Let me know if I can do anything to help!!!
That is so sad! :(
Can Sophia bring her a get well card? Let me know when she needs a visitor. :)
booooooooo! and right after your mom left? i'm so so sorry.
No fun! I hope it heals up quick. How long is she supposed to be casted up? We missed you last night at mutual!
Poor thing. I hope she isn't in to much pain
and poor you. I'm sure it's no fun for a mom to see your child go through that.
kids in the hospital is the worst thing. sometimes i think they're braver than their mommas!
I see bear. Glad she warmed up to it :-)
oh wow emily! lots going on, poor macie and poor you too!!
Oh my word! What a crazy time for you. Tell Macie hot pink casts are the best and that we hope her leg heals fast :)
Oh man. Poor baby! Peyton has been so worried about Macie. He has told every one about his friend who got hurt and how worried he is about her.
Post a Comment