Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Fourth of July weekend

Garrett wanted to officially finish our trip to Nauvoo with "This is the place monument." Truly amazing how far those pioneers came (on foot). We could imagine what joy they must have felt once they saw this valley and were finally Done moving their families.

Visit to this very old cemetery by the SL temple. Garrett enjoyed seeing Porter Rockwell's grave, including many Prophets and Apostles. I'd never been here before, very cool.
Elder Maxwell's
Traverse Mountain 4th of July party...was okay. :)
These "tattoos" are still on the girls! How do you get them off??
Saturday night, BBQ with the McGuire's. Macie can run again!



Fireworks by Cam and Krispy Kremes were awesome.
Sunday, Dinner with Myers. The Birthday boys! Tyson, Brian and Garrett.
This holiday is wonderful.

4 comments:

Elder and Sister Myers said...

Thanks for all the pictures! Glad Macie can run again, and I love Halle's pose with her hands on her hips!

Sarah said...

I missed you at the HOA party. It was a little too busy didn't you think? LInes everywhere! I wish there woulda been a live band like they had a few years ago. That made the in between more entertaining. So are the tattoos still there? Andie's came off in the bath when she scrubbed it. ?? Did you get yours at the beginning? I think they were better then. (so harder to take off I'd think.) We waited for an hour and by that time it was a quick job!

Shaunee said...

That was a fun bbq!! We should make it a tradition! Thanks for the pictures.

Jessie Eyre said...

Hey Girl! It was so fun to see you in person the other day at good 'ol Target! Email me! Lets meet up again some time but on purpose!


Didn't that feel like a year book phrase? :)

jessie_liz[at]hotmail.com