Sunday, September 26, 2010

Mack had a birthday....


1 Year old!
I wish I could understand time, and figure out why it is FLYING by faster and faster each year... I swear when I was little it took forever for Christmas to come and forever for our family reunion every summer.....not so anymore. Seems as though many feel this way?

On to my point.. One year ago little Mack you joined our family and have brought so much JOY to me, your dad and your sisters.

We celebrated your bday with the McGuire's 9/19/10
Mack and his Grandpa Mark (mack)
(I would never be a professional cake decorator...that kind of patience is not in me)
I thought this would be really easy....
4 generations (Grandpa and Grandma Jenkins were at the McGuire's visiting from Bosie)
I wanted him to get the cake so badly, since none of my kids have....
and he barely touched it...


He sure is cute though.

Since this is my scrapbook, these are some of my favorite pictures that i've never "scrapbooked" of Mack.
3 months
3 months with cousin Owen


4.5 months with cousin Ellie












We love you Mack!

13 comments:

Rob and Dani said...

Oh my goodness he is just adorable! I love all of those pictures. I feel the same way about time - it is hitting me that my kids are growing up way too fast and I am not ready for that. I did not feel like this until I had Lincoln now I am looking back in unbelief that my 3rd baby will soon be a toddler. I am glad I am not the only that feels this way.

Kids! said...

What a sweet post and what a stud! Maybe we can set Mack and Grace up one day!
Great job with the cakes - whenever I try to decorate a cake it turns into a mess and then I have to just throw on another layer of icing to cover it all. I'm impressed!

Burton said...

Oh my goodness... what cute pictures!!!! What a cute little boy!!! I totally know what you mean about time flying, its crazy!!! You did a great job on those cakes, super cute!

EatRunWorkPlay said...

WOW! I agree, time goes by so fast. It seems a blur as soon as you have kids. It's really not fair....
Little Mack looks adorable!
Happy Birthday!

MaryAnne said...

These pics are adorable! I love his huge blue eyes!

Shellie said...

He is a total doll!!! You are so lucky! And your cakes look great too!

Roseanne said...

Oh man he's so cute I just want to squeeze him! Happy B-day Mack! I loved your pics on Heathers blog too! Dang cute!!!!

Ashley said...

You did good on your cakes! I love all the pics of Mack. What a sweet smile and cute boy!

Lisa said...

He's so cute! And I completely agree with you Emily: Where does the time go? Paul will be one on Friday, and I just can't believe it! I sure miss you and your sweet family.

Bri said...

He is such a cute boy!! I can't believe he's already one. So, so darling.

pam mc said...

i love little mack! he's so darling as are all your kids!

Elder and Sister Myers said...

Look at you making "boy" cakes! Good JOB! He is so CUTE, don't let him grow anymore until we get home!

The Reeds said...

What a year all ready! Hey you did good on the cakes. I always pick mine up at Smiths. I just can't take the pressure of making a cake. Cute pics of Mack. I love his blue eyes!