Wednesday, March 30, 2011

TEXAS...sister time!!

In Decemberish, Mark and Pam told us they wanted to take Macie to Nauvoo to see my parents the first week of March...so I thought while it's freezing in Utah and I just have 2 kids I should go see Jilly. It worked out great. On Wed. March 2 (my b-day), I dropped Macie off at Kindergarten then Garrett took me, Halle and Mack to the airport. I had two friends pick up Macie from school and watch her until Garrett got home from school at 7 that night. Garrett and Macie then spent the night at the McGuire's, and then Macie and her Grandpa and Grandma flew to St. Louis at 9am Thurs!

So ready to go!!
Mack buckled lasted for about 5 mins. Our first flight to Dallas we had an extra seat which saved us all.

We had an hour layover and then on to Houston.
Jilly picked us up from the aiport at 9pm. I was so happy to see her driving her van. :)

and then when the kids were in bed, she pulled out this ultra delicious cake that she made.
It was a very fun birthday.
Thursday. We wore capris! I loved feeling the humidity. We went to a fun children's museum for a few hours and then Mcdonalds for lunch.
We came home for naps and then we spent the rest of the afternoon playing and swinging in Mike and Jill's backyard. So relaxing. Then.... Mike watched the kids so Jill and I could eat at the Cheesecake factory. Avacado egg rolls and the tuxedo cheesecake were the favorites.

(probably should have put some makeup on, but I was on vacation)
Friday- We went to a great park in the morning with some of Jill's friends and had a picnic.

Next to Market street for a trolley ride.

Then to Potbelly's for pizza sandwiches and chocolate shakes. Garrett and I ate at Potbelly's twice when we visited DC and loved them, so I felt a bit guilty eating one without him...but it was good.
Then we put the boys down for naps and Jilly watched the girls while I went to SamMoon for some shopping. Found jill a cute purse and a 12 pack of these awesome bows for such a good price. Wish they had that warehouse in Utah.
Mike brought home Papasitos for dinner. :)

Friday night I made Jill's lower half go numb because I took 2 hours to do a half weave on her hair. :) Thanks Jilly I had fun!

Saturday- We drove to Galveston. We were planning on going to the beach, but is was chilly and windy, so we went to a huge Aquarium.
I love Mack's hands in this photo

We drove around Galveston which was cool. We could still see a lot of the hurricane damage from 2 years ago. and then Saturday night Mike watched the kids again. Jill and I went to a fish taco place and enjoyed our last night out together. Thanks Mikey.

Sunday morning, ready for church
I was so impressed with Jill. We got to church and she saw her name on the program as the pianist and it wasn't her turn to play, but she just walked up to the stand and played all the songs beautifully..!! She is AMAZING!

Jill and I made some yummy food for Sunday dinner.
Sunday afternoon we played in the yard

Monday- time to pack and say goodbye :(

Halle loved being with Abby. (Mack is half the size of Owen, so maybe in a few years they can play.) We flew out around noon.
On our first flight to Dallas, Halle fell asleep as we landed...really?
The flight from Dallas is about 3 hours, so I was so happy the plane had an extra seat again. Hallelujah! and after a meltdown, Mack fell asleep for a good part of the flight. yay.
We got home around 4pm, and Macie came home around 11pm. We were so happy to see her, it was a long time to be without her. Her trip is next to be posted...

5 comments:

Burton said...

Wow, that looks like such a fun trip! Thats awesome you got to spend all that time with your sister. Gotta love Sisters!

my name is becky kelly said...

so much fun! Just post a link to your parent's blog for macie's trip :)
i bed jilly loved having you come visit!

Thayerclan said...

That was so much fun nan! Come back!

kim huish said...

How fun to see Jill and Mike! What a great trip.

EatRunWorkPlay said...

What a fun trip! Amazing you did it with 2 kiddies in tow!
Lovin' seeing the food you ate too...I'm starving now! :)