Monday, May 23, 2011

Macie's visit to Nauvoo

March 3-6, Mark and Pam took Macie to Nauvoo. I'm still amazed at how kind they were to do this. Macie was excited for this trip for weeks and of course loved it. They flew to St. Louis early Thurs. morning, and made their way to Nauvoo that evening and saw my parents perform in Rendevous. Pam said it was really sweet when Macie lit up as she saw my parents come out and do their parts.
This must be in the airport... one lucky little girl
I forgot to pack a swimsuit for her, so they took her to the Keokuk Walmart and bought one for her... and other clothes and hair accessories. I can just imagine Macie's excitement shopping with G & G.
Nice Grandpa took her swimming (and did a lot of coloring on the plane)



I think it was Friday night and Saturday night?? that Macie slept at my parents home in Nauvoo. I don't know how to copy my mom's blog about Macie's stay, so until then here is the link:
http://kenandjanemyers.blogspot.com/2011/03/visit-from-mark-pam-and-macie.html

Sunday afternoon Mark, Pam and Macie drove to Springfield, IL and spent the night.
Macie has just learned about Abe Lincoln in school, so she had really wanted to visit his home.

In St. Louis they also went up the big arch

(Picture out of place) They visited Carthage Jail on Sunday
They got home around 11pm Monday night
Such wonderful memories for a special girl. Thanks Grandmas and Grandpas.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

How neat. What a special trip for Macie. I checked out your mom's blog too. Looks like a really amazing time.

my name is becky kelly said...

that is so cool. what awesome grandparents!