Monday, June 22, 2009

Halle's 2nd Birthday (week)

Our little Halle turned 2 on June 11. Where did the last 2 years go?? Her "2" year old personality is really coming out. I'm hoping her sweetness will stay with her this next year as I am now frequently hearing, "I Do it!" and "MY Turn!" The Sunday before her birthday we had a combined little party with Reese (Halle's cousin who turned 3 on June 7). Aunt Carrie made the cute cake.


Halle was so excited opening presents she could barely handle it. I LOVE watching her get so excited.



I wanted to remember this picture of Macie's "babies" going to bed. So sweet all the little bears with their blankets and pillows. (Macie does this often)

Halle's actual b-day we had lunch with daddy at work, which was probably peanut butter and jelly's. Halle got her first braid.

We also went to 5 guys, yummy fries, for dinner with my parents.


Playing with the rocks. It was a nice, simple day. I know Halle did feel pretty special with everyone calling and telling her happy birthday.

The next day was "Zoo day" with many of the Myers cousins. This has been a really fun tradition. This time we saw the Bird show which was great.

Grandma got All of the cousins ice cream cones except for Halle, because I didn't order her one. I don't know what I was thinking by ordering a dream sicle for Halle and I to share. That did Not go down well with this 2 year old. Oh man. Good thing Grandma ran and got her her own ice cream cone. I guess I would have been sad too.

Much better.

The cousins.

The Sunday after her birthday we had a b-day party with the McGuire's. We opened presents first. I think cute Zac wanted the bubble machine.

Halle is lovin to "shake her bootie"

Thanking Papa Mark

Thanking Shaunee and Cam

The Elmo cake, which caused me way too much stress. My dyed black and red frosting tasted so nasty that I had to make another batch of frosting and use red sprinkles.




Halle and Macie's sweet cousins, Sydney and Paige.

What a week! Happy Birthday Halle!

12 comments:

Carrie Woolley said...

No way she's two already! Holy cow, time goes so fast. Your girls are so dang cute. I can't wait to see what their brother will look like. Way to go on the Elmo cake, too. It looks awesome!

We better get to see you guys this summer- we'll be there at the end of July/beginning of August.

Joanna McGuire said...

They grow up so fast, I can't believe she is two already. She is so stinking cute. I am glad she had a fun birthday week of fun. Your elmo cake turned out great, I am nervous to make theme cakes, I am not a baker.

Shaunee said...

What a doll! Glad she had a fun and exciting birthday week! We love you Halle!

Sarah said...

When you celebrate, you really celebrate!!! Hey I LOVE the elmo cake. Way to go! Red sprinklers were a great backup plan. I can't believe you braided Halle's fine hair. That must be hard.

Roseanne said...

I can't believe she's 2 already! What a cutie. Em you did so good on the cake! Wow, I don't know if I can do that kind of stuff.

Amy and Clark said...

What a lucky 2-year old! She sure is darling!

Thayerclan said...

good job nan. I want cake nan.

Kim said...

I am in shock that she is already two. She is so cute and it looks like she had such a fun birthday week. I want to go to the zoo! It was fun to see you last week!

my name is becky kelly said...

I love the picture of all the kids lined up in front of the gorilla at the zoo! How fun!
*Cousin Becky*

hayley said...

Happy Birthday Halle!! She couldn't be any cuter:) I can't wait to see a little McGuire boy, your kids are so dang cute. It's funny our families are going to be opposite. We have at least three chances of making a match come BYU time:)

Anonymous said...

what a fun time! She has grown up since we left. So, are you sure you're pregnant? You look tiny in those pics. How's it going anyway?

Ryan and Hailee said...

tons of cute pictures, I love it!!! She's so adorable, and nice work on the cake Carrie!!