Monday, September 21, 2009

Welcome Mack!

Emily was scheduled to be induced on Monday (today) in the morning to have the little guy, but the stubborn irishman had his own set of plans. We slept over at Emily's parents house last Friday. Around 2:30 a.m. I hear,"Garrett! Garrett!" It was in the tone Emily uses when there's a spider to be killed, I am snoring loud, or when I am getting too off color with my jokes around people. "W..w...what is it?" I said. "I think my water broke!" Emily said. "Are you sure you didn't pee your pants?" I said. Nice Garrett. A 25 year old full-term pregnant woman is telling you that there is an unusual amount of water in the bed, and your 6th grade puiny mind concludes that it's urine? I am sure that comment sent waves of confidence through Emily that her husband could take care of anything that were to happen. After three children, you'd think I would have understood the process by now. Maybe I need to go back to high school and watch that disturbing labor movie that scares every Sophmore in high school health classes across America from ever being remotely involved with a pregnancy. We calmly got our things ready and went to the Utah Valley hospital. Walking into the hospital to have your third child is like walking onto campus as a Junior. You know, when you're pretty much on the top, scoffing a little bit at the Freshman class (first baby goers) knowing they have no idea what lies ahead, but you're still intimidated by the Seniors (couples walking into the hospital completing a bakers dozen for children). I felt like a veteren. We knew exactly where to go, the extra batteries for the camera, what to order at the cafeteria, and to ask for extra club crackers. We were cool and collective. The whole process went smooth and quick. We enjoyed having a friend we both knew in high school Brittany Duckett come and be one of our nurses and talk to us. The cranberry-grape juice and the cubelet ice were exquisite. Mack Garrett McGuire came 9/19/09 at 10:19 a.m. and was 7.4 lbs and 19 in. We named him Mack after my Dad Mark. Some of his close friends have called him Mack since high school. He's a good boy. Here are some pics-








38 comments:

Ashley said...

Congratulations! What a cute little guy and a cute name. You all look great and I loved reading the story. Nice. :)

Nicole said...

Beautiful!!!!
What a gorgeous family!!!
Can't wait to meet him!
xoxo

Thayerclan said...

I love him.

Thayerclan said...

you're funny Garrett.

Casseron said...

He's adorable, congrats guys! The next time cam and I are in town we will have to come meet the little tyke!

heather telford photography said...

What a doll.. Congrats you guys..

Kids! said...

congrats! you look amazing emily! can't wait to see even more pics!

Carrie Woolley said...

Yay! Congratulations, you guys! What a great name, too. I love it. He's adorable.

Garrett, great post. I am very impressed with your veteran status at the hospital. If only we could be so blessed....

And Emily, you look amazing. So happy for you guys.

-Carrie

Jene and Megan said...

What a darling family! Congrats!!

Kim said...

Oh my! Look at that beautiful blond hair! You look amazing em! Can't wait to see you and meet him (I'll be up in October).

hayley said...

Congratulations!! What a cutie. I love the birthdate! I wanted to have a baby on 9-9-9 because it's my favorite number. 2:30am seems to be witching hour for labor! My friend called me at that same time on Friday 9-19-09 to ask me to take the kids because she was in labor. She ended up with a little boy that morning too! I am so happy for you guys. I hope the recovery goes well. When my water broke with Luke I honestly thought I peed myself;)

Bri said...

He is so darn cute! Congrats!

The Red Crew said...

Congratulations McGuire's!! He is so beautiful and how fun to finally have a boy...Plus, i love the name you chose. I'm glad everything went smoothly!
p.s. I think its funny you commented on the delicious cranberry grape juice with crushed ice...I think Eric got more excited about the hospital juice than meeting our daughter for the first time.

Melanie and Billy Hunter said...

I got teary eyed reading and looking at all the pic! So cute and wow...your out numbered!

Lindsey said...

Congrats you guys!! He is so cute! Love the air jordan hat :)
Emily you look amazing! You guys are such an adorable family!!

Rosie said...

Wahoo! He's a looker and so cute! congrats!

Sarah said...

I'm wiping away tears. SOOOO happy for you. Congrats. Glad he is home safe & sound. Lots of love to your 3 kid family :)

PS: Garrett--love how you write. Felt like I was reading a Dave Barry side column. LOL

Sarah said...

OH and DUH...he is really cute. Really really cute. Love the bball beanie picture.

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What a handsome little guy. I'm glad everything went so well! Can't wait to see him. You look so put together and pretty right after labor.

Rob and Dani said...

oh my goodness he is so cute! I love the birth story - it is so funny coming from a man's perspective! Now that Garrett is such a veteran he may be able to deliver the next one:) Good luck with #3, I will need some advice from you in a few weeks when I have #3 too! Boys are so fun!!!

Anonymous said...

Emily your new little guy is so adorable! Congrats on baby number 3! I hope your feeling well! Lots of love.

Star

Bryan, Mary, Abby & Lorin said...

Congratulations! You guys are great. He's adorable - you all are!

Joanna McGuire said...

He is so handsome!! Congratulations. I am glad everything went smoothly. I love the name.

MaryAnne said...

I'm so happy for you! Congratulations! I shouldn't read posts about new babies - it made me get all teared up and want to have another one (ours is only 6 months, so not too soon).

Ryan and Hailee said...

Congrats you too!!! He's a beautiful little boy!!!

Leslie said...

He is so cute in the pics and even cuter in person. Congrats!

Roseanne said...

He's such a cutie! I can't wait to see him!

J&B Barrett said...

Congratulations Cousin!!!

Watkins said...

CONGRATS EMILY! I'M SO EXCITED FOR YOU! WHAT A CUTE LITTKE BOY!
-LEAH

Shaunee said...

Look at all those comments!! We are so excited to have Mack in the family. I'm sure him and Ellie will be good friends. Glad everything went well and hope you are getting some sleep!!!

Lisa said...

This made me laugh! I totally know how you feel! I'm so glad that everything went so smoothly! I can't believe how big your girls have gotten! And Halle is so blonde. I love that we live in a time where we can keep in touch even though we're so far apart! We love you guys!

Shelly Moon said...

Loved the commentary... you both are veterans! I loved the juice and ice too. That's great Emily didn't even have to be induced! I'm glad things went well, so fun to see pics. He is a cutie!

PatrickandErica said...

I can't believe you're a mom of 3! Yea for a boy -boys are fun... ;)

Burton said...

Congrats!!! He is so stinkin cute! Can't wait to see more pictures!!! Call if you need anything!

jimnalli said...

Oh that is a Hilarious story! YAY! I am so happy all is WELL!! Emily you look so beautiful! He is perfect! Congratulations!!!!!

The Kemps said...

CONGRATS!!! Loved your story and he is beautiful!

Our EyreLife said...

Congratulations, you two! Or should I say, you FIVE!!!


We're so happy for you! We had OUR baby on Friday and named him after you, Garrett. Well, we named him Garrett and are happy to say that the Garretts that we DO know are great guys...so we hope OUR Garrett is just the same!

Biggest hugs from the FOUR of us!

Jessie, Dustin, Wyatt, and Garrett Eyre

Brian and Monica said...

37 comments! Mine makes 38. Mack is so cute. Notice how we haven't seen each other as much???